Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.
- From: "Horning, Dick/CVO" <dhorning(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:13:06 -0700
Our company has used Visual Analysis/Design since IES started doing business. In all honesty, I'd have to say our engineers have varying reactions. Some (like myself) who use it a lot and are very familiar with the program like it, others who aren't as familiar with it are less favorable. It's become more and more user-friendly for a design professional with each version. I have used SAP from back in the days of SAPV, but haven't had a chance at SAP2000 yet, although our bridge designers use it. SAP90 was a great program (with a great price) and had magnificent output in color or B&W graphics, but I think VA has closed the gap. If you have been following this list or StructTX, you will have heard mixed reviews about Staad. Best bet is to look in the January and July issues of Modern Steel Construction where they review software and publish ratings by the users who responded to their questionnaire. -----Original Message----- From: Steven P. Osborn [SMTP:sposborn(--nospam--at)compuserve.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 10:00 PM To: SEAINTML Subject: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc. I am giving serious thought to purchasing Visual Analysis/Design software package. I would appreciate feedback from anyone with experience with this software. If you had it to do over again, would you still buy it? How does it compare to say Risa, STAAD/Pro, SAP2000, etc. Also, I am looking at ENERCALC's 44 program Structural Engineering Library vs. Research Engineer's STRUCT.etc 66 program Structural Engineering Tool Case. Any thoughts? Thanks!! Steve Osborn, P.E. CE Solutions, Inc. Carmel, IN P.S. Thanks to all who responded to my earlier inquiry.
- Prev by Subject: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.
- Next by Subject: Re: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.
- Previous by thread: Re: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.
- Next by thread: Re: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.