Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
seaint Digest for 10 Feb 1999 -Reply[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: seaint Digest for 10 Feb 1999 -Reply
- From: Jeff Franklin <JFRANKLI(--nospam--at)cwvgw.osmre.gov>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:04:43 -0500
The responses on field experience were really good and I plan forward them onto my son (a beginning Mech engineer in his first job). As an old govt civil engineer I would also suggest that the young engineer in the field ask all the questions he feels comfortable with asking, but that he share his opinions on what he sees in the field carefully, particularly seeking to avoid the perception by contractor personnel that he is directing a change to the contract. If he sees need for a correction, or modification, he (or, she, these days) should relay this information to the engineer-in-charge of the job ie, the owners representative.
- Prev by Subject: seaint Digest for 1 Feb 1999 -Reply
- Next by Subject: Re: seaint Digest for 22 Feb 1999
- Previous by thread: Thermal props of high tensile bolts
- Next by thread: Re: Thermal props of high tensile bolts