Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Sanitary Structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Sanitary Structures
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 11 Feb 99 19:48:15 -0500
A couple of things to consider relative to checking "z" for sanitary structures: 1. ACI 350 requires checking "z" for one-way slabs and beams but not for two-way flexural members. Thus you don't always have to check "z", such as for designs using PCA's two-way plate tables. 2. If you consider fs=0.60Fy, with grade 60 bars and 2-inches of cover, for typical bars a 6-inch bar spacing will meet "normal sanitary exposure" (z=115) and a 12-inch spacing will meet non-sanitary exterior exposure (z=145). Thus you can limit your "z" checking at walls and slabs to "severe sanitary exposures" if you use the above spacings.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Sanitary Structures
- Next by Subject: Scaffold Design Standards
- Previous by thread: Re: Sanitary Structures
- Next by thread: Re: Advice on Field Experience