baseplate analysis problem

The Risabase program from Risa technology can definitely handle a column
offset from the center of the base plate. Risabase employs a finite element
solution, so it's application is essentially unlimited (biaxial, off center
columns, irregular bolt placement, etc.). Risabase is a nifty program, easy to
use and it generates beautiful reports including colorful stress distribution
and bearing pressure diagrams. I've used the Ram baseplate program in the past
and while it's not bad, Risabase is several light years ahead of it.

Go to  www.risatech.com  to get more info on it.

<<
 Sib

 Risa sells a baseplate design program that uses FEM and, I think, can handle
 any configuration.

 I believe that they are in area code 714. Check the SEAINT site for a link
 to the Risa site.