Re: Turning over and moving a 2-story Pump House

At 09:19 AM 2/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I am moving a 2-story 10x10 pumphouse 6 miles into town and want to set it
>up in town (Modesto, CA) as a storage and possibly guest bedroom if allowed.
>Will add outdoor stairway.
>
>The problem is how to slow its descent when I pull it over without using a
>fancy crane. A mover estimated it would take $1800 to use a crane to pick it
>up, put it on a trailer, move it and set it back up.

*********
These aren't "further ideas" on how to do it, but comments on the ones you
presented:

I think the mover's proposal is a winner at twice the price, under the
circumstances.

The do-it-yourself schemes are of compelling interest, of course, but the
downside (pun welcomed) is also fun to imagine. I belong to "Sons of the
Desert", an organization which meets for the purpose of watching Laurel and
Hardy films. We see the downfall of well-planned projects like this with
bi-monthly regularity. There are too many sources of unintended failure
shown in those films to offer here, but I do suggest having the operation
competently videotaped.

Best wishes in all aspects,

Charles O. Greenlaw, SE     Sacramento  CA