RE: analysis of multi-sided, tapered, steel tubes/pipe

Unethical, yes.  Dumb, maybe.
Best bet would be to go with the value for 16 sides.
With any of these sorts of questions, you should imagine yourself trying to
explain why you were being non-conservative to the widow and kids of the guy
who got squished.

Paul Meyer
250-368-2407
pmeyer(--nospam--at)hasimons.com