RE: Visual Analysis/Visual Design + ENERCALC vs. STRUCT.etc.

I have had problems with staad rewriting my input data. In one case it
inserted several spaces in effect moving the data to the right far enough to
completely move it out of the field of view and well beyond the 79 character
limit. In the second case staad would insert a strange looking character in
some of my design parameters and thus render the whole dataset
"un-runnable".

I have difficulty with the graphical interface and model generation not
working - some times member properties are assigned to members other than
shown in the current view when the intent is to assign to view.

In defense of STAAD - I am one of those guys that started using "STRESS" and
then "STRUDAL" in both their and my early days, I still find the easiest way
to do some things is to manually edit the input data set and I understand
how to do this in STAAD, so I continues to use it.

J. G. HESTER, P. E.
847 CLARKSON MILL COURT, CHARLOTTE, NC 28202
704-375-9943    FAX 704-375-0494
HESTERPE(--nospam--at)MINDSPRING.COM <mailto:HESTERPE(--nospam--at)MINDSPRING.COM>