Bolts on Bells

I am reconstructing the concrete counterweights of several old church
bells.The largest is about 39" high.The original bells were attached to the
concrete counterweights by 4-20mm steel bolts that passes through the top of
the bells through the concrete counterweight and fastened by nuts on top on
the counterweight. The bolts are encased in steel pipes inside the
counterweights.

I am planning to replace the bolts with stainless steel bolts with metal
spikes for anchorage and spot weld the bolts to top of the bells to ensure
it will not loosen during pouring of concrete.The bolts will be cast
directly with the concrete counterweights.

In the old design,the bolts can be tightened after casting the counter
weights which may or may not have an effect on the acoustics of the
bells.Its also possible the bolts will loosen in the future.

I would appreciate your opinions regarding this, specially those that have
done similar work.

Thanks in advance.

Alex C. Nacionales, C.E.
Iloilo City, Philippines