Re: railing design

Since the verticals are so close to each other, the kind of flat stock top
rail plays an important role in the continuable verticals.

I don't recall any deflection requirement on the rail deflections.  I would
recommend a limit of not exceeding 1/120 for the rail height.  Which is
about 3/8" for a 3'-6" high rail.

Sam