Concrete Poles

Hello,

A cleint has a concrete pole that is 35 feet above ground.  The pole will
support some speakers to be used for an emergency broadcast system and
will be designed for 110 mph winds.  We have the option of using a spread
footing or encasing the pole in a caisson.  What is typically done for
lightpoles that you see by the highway?  The electrical contractor
recommended that we drill a 5 or 6 feet deep hole, stick the pole in it
and fill it with concrete.  Any comments?

Mike Zaitz