Re: Concrete at high temperature

You might use the same technique as the cold-storage people.  They put
sloping pipes below the foundation, and keep the ground from freezing by
using outside or heated air constantly circulating below the floor slab.

You could use cooling coils in the upper region of the concrete to keep the
concrete from getting overheated.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

----------
> From: Harold Sprague <harold.sprague(--nospam--at)neenan.com>
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: Concrete at high temperature
> Date: Monday, February 15, 1999 9:03 AM
>
> Maria,
>
> Please keep in mind that insulation does not prevent the transfer of
heat.
> It slows it down.  Frankly, I don't know how the galvanizers address the
> problem.  I would advise that you call the American Galvanizers
Association
> at 303-750-2900, located in Aurora, Colorado.
>
> Regards,
> Harold Sprague

thick
> mat foundation for a 4 m x 6 m in plan hot-dip galvanizing tank.  The
> concrete will have a layer of refractory bricks as a barrier against the
> metal tank.  Temperature in the tank can get as high as 800 degrees C
(about
> 1500 F).  How will this affect the concrete, cast against the ground?
How