Re: Re[2]: AISC Seminar/ Does the Client really want a cheaper s

Rick,

We considered Southern California for this years program but do to the much
lower than expected turnout for the last few programs, and since this
program had very little high seismic information in it, we decided not to
bring it to Southern California.

It's our understanding from conversations with several designers in Southern
California, unless the topic is high seismic steel design and detailing
related there wouldn't be much interest.

We feel that in the LA area an audience of about 150 to 200 should be
achieved but in past years we had about 70.  Any suggestions are
appreciated.

By the way we started an AISC Professional Members Committee in LA which
meets once a month.  We have been working on a booklet presenting
information on Special Concentric Braced Frame connection Design.  If your
interested in attending the meetings please email me your address, phone and
fax numbers.

Lanny J. Flynn, S.E.
AISC Marketing, Inc.
flynn(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com