Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

UBC97 - Earthquake

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I have a package ( Piping and vessel on a skid ).
To define the horizontal force due to earthquake, in the past,
I have used the formula :   F = Z*I*Cp*Wp  

Now, I do not understand what is the correct section for the skid
 ( plane framed steel structure ) and for the piping.
Skid is a non-building structure and than I think that I must refer to 
section 1634.
Is is correct ?
Or I must refer to section 1632 ?

Many thanks in advance for Your help.

Giammarco Negrini
Studio Negrini sas di G.Negrini e C.
Lainate ( MI ) - Italia
e-mail  : stn(--nospam--at)