RE: UBC97 - Earthquake

Is the skid mounted to a foundation able to resist the sliding forces?
If not, you may have a structure that is "base isolated" to a degree as
it may tend to slide at a load lower than the Code equipment loading (or
even the base shear force if you are in a near fault area).

Bill Cain, SE
Oakland, CA