Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: UBC97 - Earthquake

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
It depends on wether you are designing a non-structural component, element
supported by a structure (UBC 1632) or a non-building structure(UBC1634) that
is self supporting.

If the structure is dep[endent upon another structure for lateral support then
UBC 1632 applies.  If it is an independent self supporting structure then UBC
1634 applies.

I hope that helps?

Tom Jakaby, SE
Jakaby Engineering
San Jose, CA