Re: Underground House

In a message dated 2/15/99 8:30:36 AM, dae(--nospam--at)estabrooks.com writes:

>I am searching for references, web sites, comments, etc. applicable to
>the design of an underground house to be constructed of reinforced
>concrete and  covered with 1-2 feet of earth.

I suppose you're talking mainly about the engineering aspects of underground
construction, but you might want to look up some of the books written by
Malcolm Wells, architect, over the past 20 years or so.  He's not only written
about such things but built several and lived and/or worked in them.  And
they're beautiful to boot!

Let me know if you have any trouble finding his books.  He now lives in
Brewster, Mass.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA