Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
slabs on metal deck[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: slabs on metal deck
- From: Mark Trimble <trimbleml(--nospam--at)kjww.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:38:11 -0600
how are other strucural consultants addressing the slab on metal deck placement? the question is how do the structural documents address it. 1. do you say the thickness of concrete shown is a minimum and variations in thickness can only be in + 2. do you give bulkhead information for pours in particullarly at a girder. do you stop short of the studs for the first pour to avoid engaging it in composite action. 3. at the girder bulkhead do you give shear transfer criteria such as dowels. the question assumes you have a cambered design. the owner expects that the design engineer has some input on a method of placement that is doable, creating a level, flat floor within the structural design intent and fireproofing requirements for the floor.
- Prev by Subject: Slab shear in hollow-core topping slab
- Next by Subject: Re: slabs on metal deck
- Previous by thread: Re: New Steel to Existing Concrete
- Next by thread: Re: slabs on metal deck