Re: Clay/brick smokestacks

We are conducting a study of an 115' smokestack constructed in the sixties, I
am looking for a possible source name or other information for what is either
brick or clay blocks that have an exposed face of 5" by 7" by various depths
to form a 16" wall and a 12" wall. The "bricks" have holes making them hollow
or semi-solid.
The base diameter is 10.5' and by calculation seems over stressed due to
tension, so I am hoping the original material has better properties than those
assumed(guessed at) so far.

Thanks,

Jeff