RE: New Steel to Existing Concrete

Robert,

I'd suggest you request a demonstration of our FS-10 Ferroscan rebar locator
by your local Hilti rep.  It was developed in response to this problem.  I
personally witnessed it being used successfully to enable the re-positioning
of large numbers of steel beam connections on the KLCC (Petronas) Towers in
Kuala Lumpur about 5 years ago.  It's pretty good up to 5 inches,  provides
a digital image, carries a hefty price tag.  Further info on the FS-10 is
available at http://www.hilti.com/eng/serien/sb270.asp

J. Silva, SE
Hilti, Inc.
silva(--nospam--at)hilti.com