Re: Floor Loads selection

Hello everyone!

I am working on a 2-story building for a chuch. The lower floor is a
multi-purpose room, the second floor is for classrooms. My question is what live
load to use. Table 16 of the UBC does not address church buildings so I am
leaning towards commercial. But maybe classroom would also apply, but since this
is Group A-2.1 or A-3 but not a Group E structure I am not sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ken Reed, PE