Subject: RE: Floor Loads selection
Author:  "Kim; Henry D." <Henry.Kim(--nospam--at)veco.com> at fdinet
Date:    2/17/99 5:28 PM

Ken:
I assume the first floor is over a crawlspace or basement, if so I would
probably use 100 psf for the first floor multi-purpose room area.  This would
be consistent with UBC Table 16-A requirements for assembly areas without
fixed seating.  If the second floor is actually devoted to classroom you
could use 40 psf (1000# concentrated load) however to give more flexibility
for future conversion, I would probably design for "office" useage of 50 psf
w/ 2000# concentrated load.

Henry David Kim
VECO Engineering Inc.
e-mail... HENRY.KIM(--nospam--at)VECO.COM
Office...(907) 762-1525 (voice) - (907) 762-1595 (fax)
Home...(907) 243-0918 (voice & fax)
Cell.......(907) 244-1553
APSC MS UPB5