Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re:Grading Rules for Vigas[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re:Grading Rules for Vigas
- From: NRoselund(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:50:26 EST
Here's more information on grading of vigas. A collegue recently sent me a copy of the periodical, Adobe Builder (issue #5, 1998). In it is an article about Adobe Building Supply (ABS) of Albuquerque, NM (505-828-9800). The article has a paragraph on grade-stamping of vigas and timbers. The article does not cite a grading standard but names two people, graders at ABS, who can "...qualify a particular timber as being within a strength category that will carry a particular load". A photo of grade stamps on poles and timbers was included in the article. Nels Roselund Structural Engineer
- Prev by Subject: Re: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???
- Next by Subject: Re:Grading Rules for Vigas
- Previous by thread: Fw: Dynamic seismic design
- Next by thread: Re:Grading Rules for Vigas