Re:Grading Rules for Vigas

Nels,

Thank you very much for the information on grading of vigas.  I will follow
up on it.

Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Nels Roselund wrote:

. > Here's more information on grading of vigas.
. >
. > A collegue recently sent me a copy of the periodical, Adobe Builder
. > (issue #5, 1998). In it is an article about Adobe Building Supply (ABS)
. > of Albuquerque, NM (505-828-9800).
. >
. > The article has a paragraph on grade-stamping of vigas and timbers.  The
. > article does not cite a grading standard but names two people, graders at
. > ABS, who can "...qualify a particular timber as being within a strength
. > category that will carry a particular load". A photo of grade stamps on
. > poles and timbers was included in the article.
. >
. > Nels Roselund
. > Structural Engineer
. >