Re: CALL FOR PAPERS 1999 SEAOC CONVENTION

    I have found out that not all of the accepted papers will be published.  Last
year, I took a lot of time to write a paper called "Building Common Object
Oriented Design Tools for Structural Engineers."  It was about using computer
programs and writing software for structural engineers. This could have had a lot
of impact to our field.  The convention committee accepted it as a poster board
presentation.  I was not able to present my poster board because I had an
examination that day. When the convention proceeding arrived on January, I was
very surprised to find out my paper and some other papers were omitted in the
proceeding.

    Therefore, if you would like to see your paper be published, take the time to
find out if it is necessary to attend the convention.  Papers that are submitted
by an individual may risk higher chance of not been seen by the non-convension
goer.

Szuchuan Chang, SE