RE: Old Timers - '61 VW properties & E.Q.

Hello
Nicely desribed.  Nothing like "first hand" experience!

There's a message here:
1. Near fault effects at 10 miles  attenuation.  Large ground displacements.
2. The extent of those ground displacements when designing base isloated
structures.

Cheers

Bruce Shephard
Principal Consultant (Seismic Risk)
Opus International Consultants Ltd
P O Box 12,003
Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND
E-mail: bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz
Telephone: +64 4 4717597 Bus,
           +64 4 5863652 Res.
Facsimile: +64 4 4711397