RE: CALL FOR PAPERS 1999 SEAOC CONVENTIO

Szuchuan, your paper is of interest to me, and I would think to other
SE's as well.  Why not submit it for this year's convention?

 -----Original Message-----
From: Szuchuan Chang
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 1999 10:52 AM
To: Joyce; seaint
Subject: RE: CALL FOR PAPERS 1999 SEAOC CONVENTIO

Original Subject:
RE: CALL FOR PAPERS 1999 SEAOC CONVENTION

    I have found out that not all of the accepted papers will be
published.
Last year, I took a lot of time to write a paper called "Building Common
Object
Oriented Design Tools for Structural Engineers."  It was about using
computer
programs and writing software for structural engineers. This could have
had a
lot of impact to our field.  The convention committee accepted it as a
poster
board presentation.  I was not able to present my poster board because I
had an
examination that day. When the convention proceeding arrived on January,
I was
very surprised to find out my paper and some other papers were omitted in
the
proceeding.

    Therefore, if you would like to see your paper be published, take the
time to find out if it is necessary to attend the convention.  Papers
that are
submitted by an individual may risk higher chance of not been seen by the
non-convension
goer.

Szuchuan Chang, SE