Re: History of conventional wood framing- update

Ken,

I agree with you, but who is enforcing the plans down to the 16d nail.

I am for better performing wood framed houses, but not for unrealistic design
requirements that are difficult to implement. Like the rigid diaphragm
analysis of plywood diaphragm in single family residences. Who is going to pay
for it? Is it really going to make much difference? No. Because in the end,
unless we have a good quality control, the final product is no where near the
ideal conditions that was tested in the lab, let alone the interaction of the
different parts of the structures which were never part of the experiment.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.