Re: Paper Submitted to 1998 SEAOC Convention

Hi Ms. Fuss, Mr. Greg Smith,  and Mr.Chris Serroels:

    Thanks you and may fellow engineers who are interest to read the paper I
have submitted to SEAOC Convension last year.  With the demands on our
profession get higher we should working together to work smarter.  And I
have found that the software engineers has aquaired many new
technologies which should also be looking into by us once in a while.

    If you care to take a look of what I submitted to the SEAOC
Convention, it is stored on the web site
"http://members.tripod.com/~stlshape/index.html";.  It is the third
title "Seaoc98c.pdf."  If you hate typing like I do, go to one of you
search engine on your borwoser like Lycos and search for the name
'stlshape'.  The paper is in Adobe's pdf format which will
automatically load a reader if you don't alread have it.  Let me know
what you think about it.   There are three more files you may want
to download in case you would like to see some source codes.
(If Mr. Shafat Qazi Ok, I may be able to post it in the SEAINT's library.)

    By the way, if you are not currently using C++ now please do not
investing in a C++ compiler.  Check out the JAVA by Sun Microsystem.  It
is easier than C++, It is also platform free--you can do it on the
Apple's Macintosh if you want to.  It is totally object-oriented.  And
it is free!!!!  (You will find out why Bill Gate has so much concern about
this thing call JAVA and he even tried to hijack it with his own tool called
J++.)

    The header file concept in C++ is further refined into the packages
in the JAVA language which make the reuse of existing program even
eaiser.

    For those who have problem to access my site, please send me a
e-mail so I can mail it to you.

    Looking forward to you inputs and comments!

Thanks

Szuchuan Chang, PE
szchang(--nospam--at)pacbell.net