DRY PACK SPECIFICATION

Dear all

I'm looking for dry pack specification and field strength test results.
In our project (Nuclear Power Plant Construction In Korea), dry pack
used for repair of concrete such as holes left by the removal of
fasteners
from the ends of form tie rods, narrow slots cut for repair of creaks,
and
drilled hole for anchor bolts but not used.

In a construction specification states as follows;

 1. Mixing : Drypack mortar shall be mixed as stiff as practical using
not
    more than  1 part cement to 2-1/2 parts of sand by damp loose
volume.
    The sand shall be graded so that 100 percent will pass the No. 16
sieve.
    Sufficient water shall be used to produce a mortar, which will stick
together
    when molded into a ball by squeezing gently in the hands and will
not exude
    water but will leave the hands damp.

2. Minimum Compressive Strength : 5,000 psi at 28 days

3. Expansion : No Expansion

4. Shrinkage : Not more than 1%

5. Bleeding : No visible bleeding

The field test results of drypack strength that mixed as shown on above
was about
3,500psi, so didn't meet strength requirement. Contractor complains that
they could
not make drypack grout which meet the above strength requirement.
I'd like to ask for following question;

1. Standard specification for drypack ?

2. Min, strength of drypack?

3. Anyone who has a experience of drypack strength test ?
   Test results?

4. Can I use drypack for above described purpose (crack repair,
remaining anchor
    bolts hole)?  (Structure design concrete strength is 4,500 to
5000psi.)

Regards,
Yangsoo KIM, PE
KOREA POWER ENGINERING COMPSNY, INC.