Re: ASCII Character

Chris:

In MS Word, keep your Alt key pressed and type 0176

The Ascii code for degree symbol is 176

In Autocad, you can also use %%D

Hope that helps.

Shafat

At 2/23/99 11:28 AM, you wrote:
I realize that the following question has absolutely nothing to do with Structural Engineering, but I know there are great minds out there that might be willing to help me out.

Does anyone know the windows ASCII characters for the degree symbol?  The reason I ask this is because the in house surveyor at my office inserts ASCII output into MicrosoftWord and it translates everything correctly except the degree symbol.  (It spits it out as the phi symbol.)  If I new the correct characters I could run a routine to swap the erroneous ones with the correct ones.

Thanks,

Chris Towne, E.I.T.

* BQE Software Inc.                    *
* Developers of BillQuick, a           *
* leading Time & Billing Software.     *
* http://www.bqe.com (Free Download)   *