Hanger Connections-Effective Flange Width

In a hanger connection to bottom flange of WF beam, where the bolt spacing
along the length of the beam is "not close", what is the effective width of
the beam flange (along its length) used to calc the section modulus at the
fillet ? This section modulus would then be used to calc the (transverse)
bending stress in the flange corresponding to the bolt load times one-half
the distance from the bolt to the fillet. (The one-half occurs since it is
normally assumed in this particular problem that the flange deforms as a
clamped-clamped beam rather than a pure cantilever.) One thought is to say
the eff. width is equal to the width of the nut (across the flats) plus twice
the distance where a 30 deg. line drawn on each side of the nut projects to
the beam web. If denote "e" as the distance from the bolt centeline to the
fillet, then the effective width for the section modulus is nut width + 2e x
tan 30 deg. = nut width + 1.15e.

Is there either a code specified rule or recommended practice for this calc ?
I understand about having to consider prying too, but my question here is
just restricted to the effective width issue.

Thanks,

Jim Fulton