Re: ASCII Character

It should be character 248 in the extended ASCII character set.

At 14:28 23/02/99 -0500, you wrote:
I realize that the following question has absolutely nothing to do with Structural Engineering, but I know there are great minds out there that might be willing to help me out.

Does anyone know the windows ASCII characters for the degree symbol?  The reason I ask this is because the in house surveyor at my office inserts ASCII output into MicrosoftWord and it translates everything correctly except the degree symbol.  (It spits it out as the phi symbol.)  If I new the correct characters I could run a routine to swap the erroneous ones with the correct ones.

Thanks,

Chris Towne, E.I.T.

Regards  Gil Brock
Prestressed Concrete Design Consultants Pty. Ltd.
Ph +61 7 3807 8022              Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:  gil(--nospam--at)rapt.pcdc.com.au
webpage:        http://www.home.aone.net.au/rapt.pcdc/