Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: ASCII Character

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
In a message dated 2/23/99 2:29:37 PM EST, ctowne(--nospam--at) writes:

<< I realize that the following question has absolutely nothing to do with
Structural Engineering, but I know there are great minds out there that might
be willing to help me out.
 Does anyone know the windows ASCII characters for the degree symbol?  The
reason I ask this is because the in house surveyor at my office inserts ASCII
output into MicrosoftWord and it translates everything correctly except the
degree symbol.  (It spits it out as the phi symbol.)  If I new the correct
characters I could run a routine to swap the erroneous ones with the correct
 Chris Towne, E.I.T.

You may want to check the ascii definitions that your printer is using.  I
have had cases where the ascii definitions works fine (such as for degrees -
character 248) for printing to the monitor, but the same ascii character
prints differently when sent to the printer (printed as character 171 = 1/2)

Michael Cochran