Re: Dilbert's Theorem

>"The capacity to accumulate wealth is inversely proportional to one's
>sense of compassion and integrity."
I'm a liberal Democrat and proud of it, but Lazootin is way off base.
First, poverty doesn't confer compassion and integrity--lots of people
without compassion and integrity never had a dime to show for it. And
there are plenty of people who are compassionate and trustworthy and also
rich--I even know a few.

I claim the big bucks corrupt people faster than corrupt people acquire
money. Interesting article in Time some years ago about a small town
which lost a number of children in a school bus accident. The other
vehicle belonged to a Pepsi bottler, and after everyone had finished
suing Pepsi, they started in on each other. At one point even the truck
driver sued Pepsi. Millions changed hands, even after legal fees. A lot
of otherwise poor people in the town got rich, and fences started going
up and people stopped speaking. 'Course, all that boodle wouldn't change
_me_ a bit--dirt poor or rolling in it, I'd still be the same folksy
trusting guy as ever was, and wouldn't we all ;->

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw