Re: History of conventional wood framing- update -Reply

In a message dated 2/24/99 6:17:17 AM, wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net writes:
>I wonder as a professional organization if we shouldn't be using the
available means at our disposal (read: internet/web site) to provide places of
education and maybe even voicing (in succinct language) concerns and even
endorsing ideas and positions.

Hear, hear!  The AMA recommends we not smoke, even though it's legal.  Perhaps
SEAOC et al. should recommend that the construction industry not use
Conventional Construction provisions, even though they're legal also.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA