ACAD Attribute ?

Say you're fixing to send out a final set with 20 or 30 drawings and the
architect calls and wants to change the date on the title block from 2-25-99
to 2-26-99.  It's a pain to manually make this change.

Previously, Mark Middlebrook and others have posted script and batch files
to automate different tasks.  One that comes to mind is a file to change all
drawings in a particular subdirectory from r14 to r13.  What I would like to
be able to do is the following:
1.  Have a script open a file.
2.  select a particular block to edit the attributes (ddatte)
3.  change value of a particular attribute
4.  save changes
5.  continue to next dwg file.

The problems that I am running into is how to do you select the block with
the attributes without manually picking it (the block will always be called
'tb')

Then how do change a particular attribute at the command line.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks,

John Jones, PE
Pell City, AL

jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Jones;John;;;
FN:John C. Jones (E-mail)
ORG:Bob Barnett, P.E.;
TITLE:
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(205) 884-5334
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(205) 365-4409
TEL;WORK;FAX:(205) 884-0099
ADR;WORK:;;;;;;
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:, =0D=0A
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net
REV:19981112T233708Z
END:VCARD