	From:  John C. Jones [SMTP:jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net]
	Sent:  Thursday, February 25, 1999 5:49 AM
	To:  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject:  ACAD Attribute ?

	Say you're fixing to send out a final set with 20 or 30 drawings
and the
	architect calls and wants to change the date on the title block
from 2-25-99
	to 2-26-99.  It's a pain to manually make this change.

	Previously, Mark Middlebrook and others have posted script and
batch files
	to automate different tasks.  One that comes to mind is a file
to change all
	drawings in a particular subdirectory from r14 to r13.  What I
would like to
	be able to do is the following:
	1.  Have a script open a file.
	2.  select a particular block to edit the attributes (ddatte)
	3.  change value of a particular attribute
	4.  save changes
	5.  continue to next dwg file.

	The problems that I am running into is how to do you select the
block with
	the attributes without manually picking it (the block will
always be called
	'tb')

	Then how do change a particular attribute at the command line.

	Any help would be wonderful.

	Thanks,

	John Jones, PE
	Pell City, AL