Re: History of Conventional wood framing-update-another reply

I'm not sure what you mean by "sound bite (byte?) program". There appear to be
many tools for moving educational information out of one realm and into another.
Printed information is probably the most pervasive, however I agree that public
speaking and comments are the things that spark a fire.

I for one, see such tools as webs sites, brochures, and other well conceived
documents as important allies in establishing platforms for comments to the
public. Let's face it, one on one "confrontations" don't always go swimmingly and
happen far too infrequently and affect only a limited realm of people.  Perhaps
we need to devote more attention to refining thoughts like why we might feel that
the conventional construction provisions of the building code are bending the
product to a buyer beware state of affairs. I say this because if we can "sell"
ourselves on these concepts, then we can look to our state organizations to
"voice" and support our positions. If not, then we're just having a friendly
conversation about the weather (can talk about it, can't do anything about it).

Let's here what you'd propose.

Barry H. Welliver