RE: Earl Conroy is an alias

I must say that this is a serious breach of trust. Anyone remembering Mr.
"Conroy's" posts knows that they were blatantly pro Risa even when such an
assessment was unwarranted. Mr. Bates did this to make unfair comparisons
and other comments that would not have been taken seriously had we known who
the real author was.

It is unfortunate that Bruce lowered himself to this level. His software
speaks for itself. The other parties who did not follow this approach WERE
harmed by suffering from false impressions left in the minds of the
recipients of this list.

It is important that all participants remember that any opinions found here,
solicited or otherwise, are just that. If you want definitive information,
go to the source and compare for yourself.

The most recent offense by Bruce was a comment that occurred in a thread a
few weeks ago concerning baseplate design software. The problem had to do
with an unusual condition that needed checking. When "Earl Conroy" said that
the Risa program was "lightyears" ahead of the RamAnalysis version, he
seriously distorted the truth, in my opinion. The fact is that the
RamAnalysis software is significantly faster than the Risa program. The both
have their uses and ahould both be on the shelf of the professional office.

The concept that FEM is lightyears ahead of other approximations is silly.
Accuracy of FEM can be very important is certain situations. But speed is
also important.

I am happy to see that Bruce admitted his duplicity. It is a very difficult
thing to admit a lie.