Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
seismic building separation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: seismic building separation
- From: duck <duck(--nospam--at)duckbrew.cnchost.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 02:22:50 -0800
I have a question regarding a waterproof seismic building separation. I have two wood framed office buildings with parapets that are approximately 9 inches apart. The buildings have been designed to act independently of each other. The contractor wants to roof over the separation to prevent any water from getting in between the two walls. The Architect is showing metal flashing. I suggested using a flexible waterproof neoprene, and received the standard "what are you crazy?" response. How long does neoprene typically last? Does anybody have any better suggestions, or information that might help? (aside from shooting the contractor...ha ha.) Thanx.
- Prev by Subject: Re: SEAOSC January O.C. Dinner Mtg --Tonight
- Next by Subject: seismic building separation
- Previous by thread: Title blocks in AutoCAD
- Next by thread: seismic building separation