Re: Dilbert's Theorem one last time [not likely!]

In a message dated 2/27/99 8:01:54 AM, wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net writes:
>In Utah it "ward"
>Barry H. Welliver
>
>Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 2/26/99 9:43:09 AM, ktarlow(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:
>>+ Associates with ward healers and consults with astrologists.
>>Your note made a very good point, but are these wart healers or ward
>heelers?
>>:)

Well, my little joke went over like a lead balloon.  I was not questioning
"ward" but "healers."  Healers heal people, whereas a "ward heeler" is
(according to ole Random House) is "a minor politician who canvasses voters
and does other chores for a political machine or party boss [1885-90,
American]."

Ralph Kratz  :)