seismic building separation -Reply

McMaster Carr online at mcmaster.com had information regarding the
different grades of neoprene some time ago. I tried getting online this
morning with no success. (I don't know if the problem is on their end or
mine.)

>>> duck <duck(--nospam--at)duckbrew.cnchost.com> 02/27/99 02:22am >>>
I have a question regarding a waterproof seismic building
separation.  I have two wood framed office buildings with
parapets that are approximately 9 inches apart.  The
buildings have been designed to act independently of each
other.  The contractor wants to roof over the separation to
prevent any water from getting in between the two walls.
The Architect is showing metal flashing.  I suggested using
a flexible waterproof neoprene, and received the standard
"what are you crazy?" response.  How long does neoprene
typically last?    Does anybody have any better suggestions,

or information that might help? (aside from shooting the
contractor...ha ha.)  Thanx.