Re: Plastic Design Selection Table (pg 2-15 to . . .)

Can't comment on AISC directly, however if a section is a class 3 or 4 then
the Mp or Zx is not relevant. The section must meet the width/thickness
ratios in order to be used up to the limits of full plastic behaviour.
Since the width/thickness ratios depend on fy, some sections may be class 2
for fy=44 but class 3 for fy=50.

Dave Handy. P.Eng.
The Thompson Rosemount Group.
Cornwall, Ontario, CANADA