Re: Re: Alias or Not? FAQ

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes:
Rich-
I must disagree that a person needs to identify themselves to post.  I
evaluate each post I read and use the information or not as my judgement
indicates.  Certainly use of a pseudonym or not signing a post (or
posting with what appears to be a "real" name but doing so in a partisan
manner as we have recently had admitted on the list by a man I respect
even more for coming forward as he did) causes me to give a little less
overall credibility to that particular message, but I would rather have
people participate in a way they are comfortable.  Will there be abuses?
Sure. But I think wider participation on the list is worth that risk.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but you seem to contradict yourself here.  Why
do you respect the man more now then before just because he used his real
name and admitted an alias.  Was it wrong for him to use the alias so now you
respect him more?

I just think it is common courtesy to be open and honest.  Why should anyone
need to hide and deceive others?  I am honest with others, why shouldn't I
expect it in return?

Rich Lewis