RE: Re: Alias or Not? FAQ

Exactly. If you aren't willing to put your name to what you have to say,
I must wonder why? What are you afraid of? Why are you hiding? Here are
a few guesses as to why someone might not want to use their name: ( I'm
sure you guys can think of more)

1. Afraid of looking stupid by asking a question.
2. Desire to snipe at others and remain anonymous.
3. Attempting to be something your not (like an engineer).
4. Lack of confidence in the statement you make.
5. Trying to hide your identity with the intent to mislead ( like
Bruce).

I don't think any of the above are very good reasons to hide. Now,
obviously we, the readers of the posts on the list do not take
everything we read here to be the gospel truth without applying some
degree of scrutiny, but how much stock can you put into something
someone has to say if they don't have the fortitude to say who they are?
This isn't some aol chat room. We are supposed to be professionals.
Professionals aren't afraid to sign their posts. By indicating who you
are you must do a few things with respect your post like:

1. Think it through so it makes sense.
2. Get your facts straight ( as much as possible).
3. Be prepared to receive criticism about your ideas.

I would hope that all of us would do the following before we add a post
to the list. Don't you all agree?

P.S. Now, its a dead horse!

 Monte Griffiths, S.E.