RE: Re: Alias or Not? FAQ

Rich-
I admit I wasn't as clear as I might have been.  I have had a great deal
of respect for Bruce because of the many positive, helpful contributions
he has made to the listserver and the help he has given us on RISA3D.
Although he made a mistake, that doesn't diminish those prior
contributions.  We all make mistakes and owning up to his was a
courageous thing to do.  So, to answer your question about why I respect
him more now:
1.	Let's just say I had a great deal of respect for him before.
2.	He made a mistake.
3.	He acknowledged his mistake in a very public way and asked for
forgiveness.
4.	I believe that I'm not here to judge him as there is really only
one Judge that matters.
5.	Openness and honesty are admirable traits we should all strive
for.  But remember, WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.  I recall seeing a bumper
strip that read: "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven."  I think
that also probably applies to most religions.
6.	You're right, you are beating a dead horse. :<)  It's time to
forgive and move on.

To keep everything right out on the table, I currently use RISA3D,
SAP2000, AVANSEE(SEAINT version), SUPERETABS (non-proprietary version)
and PC-ANSR.  Each program does some things better than the other
programs and I use the one that is most helpful for the given task.
Bruce has been helpful to us when we've had questions as have the other
developers.

Bill Cain, SE
Oakland, CA