RE: FRP rebar in concrete design

The National Research Council of Canada http:/www.nrc.ca/irc has done some
work with FRP reinforcing and, if memory serves, a highway bridge in Ottawa
was built using it. I remember reading a report about the work, but can't
find it right this minute.  You might hunt their website for some
information.

Since much of Canada has REAL winters, there is a lot of salt used on roads,
which migrates to parking garages and bridges.  FRP is  proposed as a method
of making concrete structures last longer.  Balconies might be another use,
but how often do people salt their balconies?

Paul Meyer
250-368-2407
pmeyer(--nospam--at)hasimons.com