RE: FRP rebar in concrete design

I would suggest caution in using FRP "rebar" in salt exposed areas.  I
remember a research paper (early 90's I think) that presented work on R/C
piles/piers subject to salt water wet/dry cycle.  The piles had a "dry"
zone, a "wet" zone & a "wet/dry" zone.  The FRP "rebar" decomposed nearly
completely in the wet/dry zone after 6 months of a sinle  wet/dry
cycle per day.  Just a faint recollection of a result that really
surprised me.  It may not be applicable to the origianl poster's
situation.

regards
Robert Kazanjy