Re: Alias or Not? FAQ

I read Richard Lewis's comments with some interest. I'm not sure that he
identifies the other side of the issue. Possibly this might help.
There are many employees of companies who subscribe to the SEAINT list and who
do not want to take a political (professionally) position that might be
contrary to their employer. In this case, they wish to respond to the list at
home or using an alias so as not to be easily identified.
This is not as uncommon as it may sound and there are other situations in
which a subsciber feels more empowered when his or her name is not clearly
attached to their posts.
If you review many of the posts you might find it difficult to identify the
write by the return email address. Often the writer purposely leaves his name
off the post - I believe to perserve his or her anonimity.

I think SEAINT needs to promote Ethical and Professional use of the resources
and simply take a strong position that we will do whatever we can to prevent
abuse of the system. Beyond that, there is very little that we are empowered
to do.

Respectfully,
Dennis Wish PE