Re: Alias or Not? FAQ

Shafat -

I vote for complete prohibition of aliases and anonymous postings on this
list.  I realize it is uneforceable, but I feel it should be the list policy
nonetheless.  It is a policy statement that is consistent with the ethical and
professional guidelines we all supposedly follow in our business life.

This is a list of professional people sharing technical information, which has
already limited itself to technical questions only (i.e. no politics, no
humor).  I see no possible excuse for someone to not add their name to their
post.  As my mom used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't
say it."

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.